Wednesday 9 October 2013

Wireles QOS flow

haven't posted anything for a while as I could not strive a  balance with studies and work.
nevertheless did some studies on wireless qos and my interpretation is discussed here.

I tried to visualise  the qos flow using a diagram as this seems to be the only way to get the concepts in my head. Only local mode AP is considered here and qos flow for the HREAP will be added later.

I'm not talking about the various mapping schemes, standards, difference between aifs and difs etc as these are very well explained in Cisco documentation and videos presented by Jereome Henry.

the first drawing anlyses the downstream qos flow and the second analyses the upstream qos flow.
Seems like the graphics do not scale very well.  :-)

Note: Diagrams were removed as I have made few mistakes!! Will be updating them soon.
update 14/10/2013- i'm wating for some hardware to do  end-to-end packet captures so until that is arrived, this post will not be updated.





No comments:

Post a Comment