Thursday 22 August 2013

wireless written and home lab

Long silince was due to the fact that I was studying for the written exam.I had to re-take the exam mine expired early this year. Like all good plans, I could not attempt the lab before it expired. I could have spent that $400  towards the lab.. :-(

Good news is I managed to get through. I was lucky as I recently completed a Cisco wireless design and things were fresh in my head. If not, I would have to spent  much more time and effort. Must admit that  there were few surprises in the written exam of areas I thought would be obsolete.Don't know anyone who uses them in the enterprise..may be they are there specifically for the  ccie candidates!!!  It was a good eye opener for me and I will be focusing on these particular areas during lab prep.

Also have started adding few things to the home lab.So now the setup is  4402x2 and few APs  (3500x 1, 1242x 2 and 1130x 2) .Can't afford to have the whole setup so I will rent racks when I'm ready take on full labs. During the next few days  I'm trying to get ACS (eval) and WCS(eval) installed.Not a Microsoft person so getting the CA up and running would be another challenge!! Well that is battle for another day.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment